After we took the class I realized the author of the pattern for the hat suggested it as a second pattern and this pattern as a first project. I figured since we had two weeks before our next class I might as well get the supplies for it and try it out. I guess this is technically my second project even though I haven’t finished the hat yet! We don’t have class until Thursday so I just knitted up to where we increase.
I bought two balls of JubileeYarn Chunky Melody Yarn in Peacock and the right sized circular needles for the pattern.
I can see why the author thought it would be a good first project, it’s great practice for knitting in the round and practicing following a pattern, knitting and purling. It didn’t take long at all!
Since then I ordered a set of circular needles from eBay. It seemed more economical, the basic Clover circulars are about $12 a piece and of course have set lengths. It was starting to add up and I was able to find a new in box set for $65!
I realize I need to work on keeping the stitches tighter when the sides meets up. There is a some slack there but I don’t think you can really see it unless you are looking for it. Overall though I’m very pleased with how it turned out!